Thursday, October 21, 2010

Current Status!

So I keep talking about previous travels, because let's face it, that's the best and most interesting part of this trip.  But I have been working a lot lately, really hard in fact! 

Germany is great!  If I spoke the language more, I could almost live here.  Everyone has been very nice and the culture is not that different from U.S. culture.

The Army is not as great, but it doesn't bother me as much.  I mean, everyone tells me the Air Force will be way better, so they better not be lying!  Emily and I actually did PT with the medical unit the other morning (at 6:00am! and raining!).  We survived!!!  Though I have to say I was giggling like a school girl for the first half mile at the little chants they do while running, I couldn't take it seriously!  Haha!

The only problems are no car, so I have to take the bus, walk, or cab, which gets annoying when you live on the far side of the base.  This makes things like even grocery shopping difficult, so I find that annoying.  It is not completely unheard of for Emily and I to have Doritos and Dr. Pepper from the vending machine for dinner...okay, so it's only happened once or twice, but it was cold and rainy and we had no more food in our room!  We try to eat vegetables at the Dining Facility (DFAC) on post almost daily!

It's getting cold and dark!  Though it has been a really pretty fall here, signs of winter coming are starting to become apparent as we walk from the bus stop to work in the dark every morning!  It snowed about 45 minutes from here today and it's only mid-October!  eeek!

We were suppose to go to Paris this weekend, we were gonna get a 3 day too!  But the lazy French think it is way too difficult to work 35 hour work weeks until age 62, so they are rioting and striking.  This doesn't scare me, but the fact the public transportation isn't running as much and 1/3 of long distance trains are being cancelled, we didn't want to take the risk of getting stuck and having a bad time.  Hopefully we'll get there in a few weeks! So I should have time to catch up on blogging this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment