Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sarah: "I've been keeping up with your blog? Have you?"

Ok, so I can take a hint.  I'm not so good at blogging.  Sorry, out trying to live life, not type about it, just kidding!  No after I'm done with this post I think the world will understand why I haven't been blogging!  In the last 16 days I've gone to Heidelberg for a work presentation, Garmisch for an optometry conference, Prague, and Barcelona...plus, I've worked some in there!  Anyway, everything is good I got 2 weeks left here. 

So I'm looking back through the blog and I realized I never talked about Oktoberfest, the Wine Fest/exploring Rhine River area, or Switzerland.  So I'll try to post some pics of those events as well in future blogs.  I think for the next two weeks we will just be staying locally since we have boards coming up and have already spent enough money!

The other interns are on a quarter system, so they left on Thursday morning.  It's weird being here now without them, things are very quiet.  As a going away festivity (for all of us) Major Eddis and another guy at the clinic arranged for us to have dinner in the old castle thing about 30 minutes away.  It was cool, about 20 people from the clinic came so we had a private room, it looked like a wine cellar with a fire place.  Good beer and German food on wooden plates, so it was a good night!
The 5 interns!

The office!  Minus Sgt Macomber.




After the dinner I went with out Red Cross volunteer, Danielle, to the base gym because a bunch of guys were coming home from a year long deployment to Afganistan and getting to see their families for the first time in a long time.   Since it was about 11pm the night before Veterans Day, I thought this was pretty cool.  Even though I didn't know anyone coming back it was neat to watch everyones reactions/emotions.  Yay for America!


No comments:

Post a Comment